Monday, October 11, 2010

Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.

The Accidental Expert, over at Raising Complicated Kids complains, and rightly so,
"Whoever said 'God only gives you what you can handle' has clearly never stepped foot in my house.  If they had, they would have just shut up.  At least I wish they would."  
When someone says that God won't give me more than I can handle, I look them in the eye and say, "I believe God does give me more than I can handle, and He does it intentionally." I let them squirm a minute, and then explain, "Because if He didn't, why would I need Him?"

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. Thank you.

October 11, 2010 at 7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say that to people all the time... except you are much nicer about it.

People say that to me and my first response is "That is a lie straight from the pit of hell!" ;o) Then I gently explain why.

Anyone that has every been through anything knows He gives us more than we can handle every single day!

October 11, 2010 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

Maybe it would be better to say that God won't give us any problems HE can't handle.

Amy Lu, when are you going to start blogging again?

October 11, 2010 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy Autism said...

It should also be noted that God seems to have a pretty sick sense of humor.

October 11, 2010 at 5:09 PM  
Blogger Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

@Big Daddy, if by sick you mean ironic, I would have to agree!

October 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent!

October 11, 2010 at 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! So true. I have often given the same answer and you're absolutely right, the people who say that have not walked in your shoes!
~Jen B

October 14, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home