Thursday, August 4, 2011

Resting at Last!

 MB and BB spent the morning getting organized and starting to pack for camp next week. It's a camp for people with disabilities and their families. GL will have a one-on-one buddy to assist him as needed with each activity. MB will go to the Moms' group, and not have to worry about him. BB will be in a mixed group, some disabled and some sibs, but a different group from his brother. It's the only way to convince him he's "off-duty". No, we don't ask him to look after his brother, but he tends to think of himself as a third parent, despite our efforts to convince him otherwise.

I think we are starting to feel a bit better, but we still all have the sniffles and feel tired and out of sorts. GL never admits to being tired, sick, or in pain. He just gets irritable and looks for someone (usually BB) to pick a fight with. He wouldn't stop annoying everyone, hitting his brother, or hitting himself, so I gave him his PRN. It didn't seem to help. He insisted that he felt fine (as usual) but I noticed a cough and a sniffle, so I gave him Tylenol and Benadryl. MB had some errands to run, and she took BB so they could both get a break.

GL would lie on the couch, start to close his eyes, then hop up and run to another room. A minute or so later, he would be back on the couch. I put on some music and convinced him to take his shoes off. Then I went to the kitchen and started preparing a batch of soup for the Crock-Pot. In a few minutes, he was asleep. He never sleeps during the day. I know we may pay for it tonight, but I think it's worth it.

P.S. He's up now, but he slept for an hour and a half in the middle of the day. I think he needed it.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home