Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Mom-Type Quotes

Yesterday's post got me thinking about the things parents say. I remembered several things my mother used to say, as well as several things I never thought I'd have to say to my kids. In no particular order:


"Was what you did right?"

"Never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear."

"Or in your nose."

"I don't care who started it; you stop it now!"

"If you know it will make your brother mad, don't do it. If you know it will make your brother mad and you do it anyway, don't complain to me when he gets mad about it."

"If you put a popcorn kernel in your ear, it will not grow popcorn. It will get you a trip to the emergency room."

"Don't pick your nose. If you do pick your nose, don't wipe it on your brother. And definitely don't try to feed it to your brother. If you do pick your nose and try to feed it to your brother, don't complain to me when he hits you."

"Don't hit your brother. Don't hit your brother and then tattle on him for hitting you back."

"It's just as annoying when you do it."

"Crying never solved a math problem."

"'I can't' never did anything."

We also frequently quote movie lines in appropriate (or inappropriate) situations.
(Can you tell what our favorite movie is?)

"Stop that rhyming, and I mean it!"

"Inconceivable!"

"You're very smart. Now shut up."

"I'm not listening! Nobody's listening!"

"As you wish."

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama Bear said...

You forgot "Have fun stormin' the castle" "think it will work" "it'll take a miracle" and the ever popular “Rush a miracle worker, you get rotten miracles”

July 14, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home