Saturday, January 9, 2010

Nothing to Report

Wouldn't that be a refreshing headline to read instead of what passes for news some days? Not that nothing has happened here, but very little new has happened. We had a peaceful Christmas season. Since then, we've been busy, but neither anything unusual nor interesting has happened. We have company coming tonight, and again tomorrow afternoon, neither of which is by itself all that unusual, but it is somewhat unusual for us to have company twice in one weekend.

We all have colds, not bad enough to curtail our daily duties, but enough that there's little energy for anything extra. Since Christmas, I hadn't checked my blogs, and only opened email messages that might require an immediate reply. I spent the better part of yesterday and nearly half of today cleaning out my inbox and catching up on laundry. I'd fold a few items, sit down to rest, check a few messages, and repeat. I also finished downloading all the Adventures in OdysseyOfficial Podcasts (the boys are big fans) including all the video podcasts, which took a long time over dialup. I also stumbled across the Unofficial Podcasts and downloaded all of those, too. Hey, if I'm just sitting here, and don't really feel up to much more than that...

Then I checked Google Reader, and found 499 accumulated posts. I really need to cut back on my blog-reading habit. Especially if I plan to post anything to this blog. As Bob over on Poppy's Front Porch once said,
And that's about it for this blog entry. It's kind of like taking photographs; and I did take a fair number today. It seems like you can go hog wild with the camera (or with the blog site) or you can participate in the day's events and enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Wingate said...

Papa Bear, thanks for the link! I still stand by that sentiment, there are times for writing a lot (or taking a lot of pictures), and there are times to slow down and enjoy the season. It's not always easy to find that balance.

Sorry you have colds, but other than that it sounds like you had a good Christmas holiday.

January 11, 2010 at 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home