Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Literally

All day yesterday, GL had been whining that he needed an "adventure". An "adventure" is when someone gets in the car with him, drives at least the minimum distance he thinks necessary, and buys him a snack. If either the drive or the snack don't meet his satisfaction, the "adventure" doesn't count. And as soon as anyone agrees to a particular snack, he starts negotiating upward.

MB was planning to go grocery shopping and, while GL would count that as an adventure, (provided the snack meets with his approval) taking him along is usually more adventure than MB wants to deal with. I had to be elsewhere, so I couldn't watch the boys. MB decided she could handle bringing GL if BB would help by getting items off the shelf and into the cart while she pushed the cart, read the list, and tried to contain GL. In the car, on the way to the store, MB reviewed her expectations with the boys: "We are going grocery shopping. BB, I want you to get things off the shelf as I read them from the list. GL, I want you to hold on to the cart. And you're going to have to move."

"But-but-but," said GL, "I don't want to move! I like our house!"

Griffin would have been proud.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger dluvscoke said...

That DOES sound like a Griffin story. :)

November 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home