Friday, November 12, 2010

Let's See How Sharp You Are


OK, I'm just now getting around to posting Halloween pics. I've been busy. I wish I could say I've been busy doing something Big and Important, but the truth is, I've been busy with so many of the little things that nobody notices until they don't get done, that I can't even remember most of them.

Our boys dressed up for Halloween, but as usual, instead of trick-or-treating, stayed home to hand out the candy. Hey, they like not having to walk anywhere and having free access to the treat bowl, and we like not worrying about where they are and what mischief they might be doing, or might be done to them. So it's win-win. Plus, you never get to big to hand out candy (and eat it).

So here they are. Five points if you know what movie each boy's costume represents. (Ten possible, five for each boy.) Five more if you can name the character each is dressed as. Can you list all three names GL's character goes by? That's fifteen points. I'll even give you ten points if you know BB's character's first and last name. Five more if you can name the actor who played each character. If you answer every question correctly, I'll give you five bonus points for being a smartypants. So, out of fifty possible points, what's your score? Leave your answers in the comments, and I'll tell you if you're right.

P.S. The replacement DVD player arrived yesterday, and it works. I left positive feedback. And someone gave us their old one. We are blessed.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Mama Bear said...

Last name on BB's? Did the movie even say the last name? I don't even know that one and he's my kid.

November 12, 2010 at 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dread Pirate Roberts from the Princess Bride?

I don't know BB's - sorry!

November 12, 2010 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Big Daddy Autism said...

Got Woody from Toy Story but I'm lost on the other. Btw, I love the boys' philosophy on tricki or treating.

November 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Liz Ditz said...

Dread Pirate Roberts from the Princess Bride (one of the movies that I can watch 100s of times with all the littles) & Woody from Toy Story.

Buttercup: [imperious order]
Westley: "As you wish".

Nice costumes.

November 12, 2010 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger lebelinoz said...

That's not Woody. Woody wouldn't carry a Woody doll, would he? That's Andy, the boy from the Toy Story movies. He has a hat like Woody's.

Is the other one Zorro?

November 13, 2010 at 1:27 AM  
Blogger lebelinoz said...

Hey, did you get my last comment? Or did it disappear into the ether?

November 13, 2010 at 1:30 AM  
Blogger Bob Wingate said...

I saw the dread pirate Roberts right off; ah yes, Wesley from The Princess Bride. But you said three character names.

I know in the fencing scene at the top of the cliff, the Spaniard asks, "Who are you?" and Wesley replies, "Nobody of consequence" (or words to that effect). And I think Buttercup calls him "farm boy" early on when she's asking him to do chores. Not sure if either of those are what you're looking for for the third character name.

And I'm drawing a blank on the actor's name, unfortunately. I could look it up, but that would be cheating.

So...where do we redeem our points?

November 13, 2010 at 6:48 AM  
Blogger Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

lynnes 5 points
Big Daddy 5 points
Liz Ditz 20 points
lebelnoz 10 points

Comments are moderated to prevent spam. I had a Captcha, but it didn't work right.

November 13, 2010 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

Bob 15 points. I hadn't thought of Farm Boy. Maybe I should count that. since it looks like nobody is getting the Smartypants points.

November 13, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home