Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Treading Water

I feel like I've been treading water the last few weeks, and I'm only halfway through. I will only be home one weekend in August and one in September. Like Jonathan Bing, "home's the best place for all people like me." During the week, I'm trying to re-establish some semblance of routine and illusion of order. BB is driving me to distraction. He's not uncooperative, his mind's just not on his work. It's been a constant struggle, but it seems to be worse lately.

GL has had relatively few meltdowns, but they've been big ones. Yesterday, he wasn't calming down, even with medication. He went for nearly two hours. I almost took him to the hospital. That evening, I had to take him with me to Civil Air Patrol because our sitter was out of town. I couldn't miss that meeting because I was teaching a class. It was close enough to bedtime that I gave him his bedtime med as soon as we got there. He was relatively quiet, if a little goofy. I was still uneasy about bringing him, but I had no other option. Then today was Goldilocks vs. the Dentist.

On the lighter side, Understanding my son posted Coming Full Circle. Be sure to follow the link, Duh! to the earlier post, Teaching Sass. And Arby posted a children's story with a happy ending that made me laugh out loud. As Mama Bear said, "Don't read Arby when you've got to pee!"

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is one of the best compliments I've ever gotten. I live for that, as well as learning that I made liquid shoot out of someone's nose!

August 26, 2010 at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home