Friday, May 14, 2010

The Countywide Universal Amalgamated Journal Sentinel Tribune Post Dispatch News-Free Press Sun Chronicle Daily Planet Democrat Observer, continued.

Things have been busy here. A lot to write about, but not much time to write. Like I wrote about in Busy, Busy, Busy, but with less vomiting. Notice that I did not say with no vomiting.

I have continued trying to get The Countywide Universal Amalgamated Journal Sentinel Tribune Post Dispatch News-Free Press Sun Chronicle Daily Planet Democrat Observer, even though I don't want it, because I paid for it, and darn it, I'm going to get my money's worth of the paper I don't want! I said this wasn't even the paper Mama Bear wanted, but I don't think I mentioned that she only wanted the coupons in the Sunday paper, and I had signed up for seven days a week. I wrote them a check April 17, they cashed it April 21, and as of May 11, we still weren't getting the paper, except for May 6, when we were out of town, and one randomly showed up on our porch. I think it was a mistake. I wonder which of our neighbors didn't get their paper that day. When you go out of town, how do you stop the paper you haven't been getting?

Anyway, twenty-four days after I handed the salesman my check for the daily paper, we still weren't getting one. That's well beyond the eight to ten days their circulation department said it takes to start a new subscription. Even if you only count business days. To say nothing of the four days the salesman promised. So I called them. It turns out that, instead of delivering the paper to [my address], [my town], they had been delivering it to [my address], [the county seat]. I'm sure the people there were happy to unexpectedly start getting a free paper. No, I take that back. Maybe they didn't want it, either.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Brownie said...

Don't you just love it?

May 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home