Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Math: the Continuing Saga

GL is still working on 1 + (number). If I ask him, "What comes after (number)?" he usually gets it right. He even occasionally translates 1 + (number) to what comes after (number) on his own. But he usually counts from 1 unless I remind him. He's also making fewer counting errors.

I got a pot of beef stew in the Crock Pot yesterday, but it wasn't done until 8 p.m. I let it cool and put it in the fridge. This morning I transferred it to Smart Spin containers, and put the crock in the dishwasher. I'll try to get another meal in the Crock Pot today. We got the boys' summer clothes in boxes, but not neatly enough to close the boxes. Next we need to pack them up neatly, carry them down to the basement, and make them fit. The basement is, of course, a whole 'nuther project. It's sunny and relatively warm today, so maybe I should do the windows while I have the chance.

The car started making a funny noise Sunday. Then vibrating at certain speeds, then the check engine light started flashing. Took it in yesterday, and found out it had a bad ignition coil. This model has a separate coil for each cylinder, mounted directly over the spark plug. The guys who design these things should have to work on them. $83 for the coil, and $194 labor. Ouch!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home