Monday, November 9, 2009

The Flu

We've all had periods of feeling somewhat better, alternating with periods of feeling much worse. At bedtime, we've been reading Prayers for the Sick.

Details you might not want to know: Last night I was sure this had moved into my lungs. I couldn't stop coughing, and with every cough came sharp pains deep in my chest. When something came up it was very thick. I thought there was more, but it was too thick to bring up. I was aching and shivering. I was due for more cold medicine, but I'd been trying to put it off until bedtime, so I would have the longest possible opportunity to sleep.

About quarter till eight, I gave up, took all my medicines, climbed into bed, and piled on every available blanket. I shivered, sniffled, and coughed under the blankets, and finally dozed. About an hour and a half later, I woke up hot, sweating, and able to breathe. I got up, blew my nose, threw off the extra blankets, and went back to bed. I slept soundly until 8 a.m. This morning, I have some coughing and congestion, but my lungs feel clear.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Wingate said...

Sounds like progress...keep the lungs clear!
My prayer for you and your family is that you will all be over this flu in an unusually short time.

November 9, 2009 at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home