Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cake class final.


This was my final project for cake class level 1. I had two hours to work on it. I started the class with the cake iced, so I had all of my time for decorating. I would have liked more time. I am slow at decorating. I prefer to treat it like art, taking my time to make an eatable art project. I passed the class and have already started saving for the next one. This is something I dearly love doing, even if I'm not the most talented person in class. I enjoy this enough to take the time to improve my skills. Sometimes you have to do something badly before you can learn to do it well. I think it's worth it, to make something beautiful. My goal is to improve my skills to the point where I would not be ashamed to offer my cakes for sale.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Wingate said...

Looks really good, Tya!

My wife and I have been reading some success / positive thinking type books lately. One of the themes we've seen repeated is to find something you're "passionate about", and give it your best effort.

So be encouraged. It sounds like you're on the right track.

November 15, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home