Sunday, January 29, 2012

Panic Sunday

Let me tell you about the day I set my hair on fire. I was helping Brother Bear “make” waterproof matches for his CAP ground team gear. I tried to light a match to light a candle (to melt the wax, to cover the match head). As I struck the match the lit match head broke off the match and flew into my hair. The next 10 seconds were a little crazy. I remember shouting to ask my family where the flames were, so I could put them out. I could hear flames and smell brunt hair, but not see fire! Brother Bear was screaming “your hair’s on fire” and going for the sink sprayer(we were in the kitchen). Then someone, Papa Bear, I think, pointed to the fire and I used my hands to put the fire out. All the scary is over now and I’m fine. I’m already getting quite a bit of teasing, because I’m usually the one telling others how to be safe with fire. Darn you Diamond Match Company for making cheap matches that now has given us a new Mama Bear Story.

3 Comments:

Blogger dluvscoke said...

Oh dear! How does your hair look? Are you going to have to wear a wig or just use a good deep conditioner? ;)

January 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Daniel "Captain" Kirk said...

MB says: "Just a quarter-inch singed. I used a deep conditioner. I feel better now."

January 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger Mama Bear said...

I'm so glad I don't need a wig. I hear they don't go to well with hot-flashes. This over forty thing is bad enough.

January 31, 2012 at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home