Friday, April 9, 2010

Arrested

Yesterday afternoon, I looked out the window and saw a patrol car from the sheriff's department pull up in front of our house with lights flashing. My first thought was, "Oh, no! GL must have called 911 again!" But he insisted he hadn't used the phone. I watched, and the deputy got out of the car and walked down to the house where TKDTS live. That's when I saw another patrol car already at that address. A few minutes later, a deputy brought the oldest of TKDTS out in handcuffs and put him in the car. They stayed at the house a long time. Then they drove away with him.

TKDTS teenage cousin, who lives next door to them, was out in the yard watching. He was arrested a few months ago for possession. We started locking our car doors at night when we started noticing a suspicious smell in our car every morning. This isn't (or wasn't) a high-crime neighborhood. Most of our neighbors are retirees. This is a small town. Underage drinking, drunk driving, and drug use are usually the most serious crimes that happen around here. Sigh.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Obviously, your instincts about TKDTS are accurate. Keep up the good work!

April 9, 2010 at 4:22 PM  
Blogger blondie said...

TKDTS sound like a rough lot. I have found that most of my clients come from "rougher" families - there is just another culture out there that perpetuates these families. It's a generational thing usually - poor parenting skills passed down and gets worse. Hard to get out of that cycle - and hard to find role models for them. Professionally I think it would be nice if they noticed your family for some role modeling.

Personally - STAY AWAY FOR YOUR KIDS' SAKE.

Brownie (I see my daughter, Blondie, had signed in on my computer...)

April 11, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home